Sunday, 18 June 2017

Tutorial by Leslie


Acrylic Dream Chase 

Flip Cup Acrylic Pour on Mini Ceramic Tiles


Summer and hot weather have finally arrived, and with it a palette of tropical colors like ocean aquas and the sweet shades of dreamsicles! So with these summer-lovin' colors in mind, I have created Acrylic Dream Chase, a small mixed media canvas with a twist - Acrylic Poured Mini Tiles! 

True acrylic pouring artists achieve spectacular results from professional grade acrylic paints and pouring mediums, 100% liquid treadmill lubricant and a torch. I would like to show you how I made a budget friendly acrylic pour using supplies from the hardware store and craft store acrylic paint. 

Before I share the video below, here is a quick explanation of my project process. I began by using a stencil and modeling paste to apply a tile design to the canvas. Wanting to keep the background simple and dark to accent the colorful acrylic poured tiles, I applied only a coat of black gesso and metallic black paint followed by dry brushing gold on the raised areas. 

I embellished the wood butterfly with a twisted wire body and antennae before gessoing and painting the vibrant colors. More gold dry brush was added, followed by a sparkle varnish. The 'Chase Your Dreams' phrase was painted in the same colors. I painted some decorative excelsior with more gold paint and attached it to the back of the butterfly. 

The final step was to add all my pieces to the canvas. I used a heavy gel medium to make sure the ceramic tiles would attach firmly.

And now for my video on flip cup acrylic pouring. I hope you try it sometime, it is a lot of fun!

Leslie




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment! x